Videos in this section:
- The Built Environment contains all the things that we manipulate for our own benefit.
- Home Systems are places where we spend large amounts of time, why not make them productive and ecological participants.
- Energy and Appropriate Technology is an important consideration in our designs.
- Economic Systems can mediate the way we interact with those around us.
- Invisible Structures are not so invisible. We can pay attention to how they work best and optimize them for our situations.
- Waste & Bioremediation both need to be thought about to take care of our current wastes and repair the damage that they have caused previously.
- Livlihood, our place in these ecological and economical systems.
The Built Environment
- How is the building you live in set in relation to its environment?
- Even if not perfect, what are ways that energy can be harvested or blocked in your building right now?
- Does the design of your building match the climate? How could it change to do so more?
- What materials are in your building currently?
- What materials are available locally?
- What tools or technology could be used in your building to make it more appropriate to its location?
- What infrastructure connects to your building? What is the hidden extent of that infrastructure? Who is also served by that same infrastructure?
- What might be the zones around your home as they exist now? What would be optimal?
- What are the sectors that affect your home? Do any sectors already have interventions in place to either enhance or protect from them?
- Mollison prime directive says “The only ethical decision is to take responsibility for our own existence and that of our children.” – In what ways could you do this right now?
- In what ways do you have zones 1-5 at your home. In your home? What if you include work and shopping?
Energy & Appropriate Technology
- Is there evidence for which of the four scenarios you are in/heading towards?
- What level of technologies are the different tools you use? (Low, Medium, High) Is that appropriate? How might that change in your future?
- What technologies are you able to reproduce on your own?
- What resources are most easily available to you?
- What technologies are present in your home? Are they appropriate?
- What ways could you conserve energy at home? In what ways could you be redundant in your energy generation?
Waste & Bioremediation
Donations help us make more videos!